by CalciYum Fun Team
Making snack time fun is what we do best at CalciYum. We feature your kid’s favourite characters on our packs so that our reduced sugar yoghurt goes down the hatch in a jiffy.
Getting creative at snack time is another great way of making nutritious food disappear. This big bird snack is bound to be a crowd pleaser at your place and best of all, it’s super easy to put together quickly. You’ve probably already got all the ingredients you need.
Kids absolutely love being able to dip things into their CalciYum…you’ll see what we mean when you try it!
- 1 red apple
- 1 green apple
- 1 pear
- 1 CalciYum pouch or tub
- 3 pretzel sticks
- Two blueberries
- Slice the apples and half of the pear into thin pieces (they will become feathers later)
- Keep half of the pear, it will be the body of the bird. Avoid the stem so you don’t have any seeds.
- Pop the CalciYum yoghurt into a ramekin or a little bowl.
- Put the pear slice in the yoghurt and place the blueberries on it for eyes.
- Use a very small red apple slice for the nose.
- Fan the apple and pear slices around the yoghurt to make turkey feathers.
- Break two pretzel sticks to make legs for your bird.
Too easy! There you have it – a healthy, fun snack in no time. Your kids can even help you prepare it and give your big bird a funny name. They might even want to dip the pretzel sticks into the CalciYum.
Look out for the CalciYum Yoghurt range in the yoghurt aisle at Woolworths, Coles and independent supermarkets throughout Australia.