by CalciYum Fun Team
Minimal fuss, maximum nutrition is every parent’s food and snack mantra.
But it’s often easier said than done. Maybe your tiny food critic is going through a phase. Or they’ve decided that only purple food should be on the menu this week.
Perhaps you’ve battled your way through the supermarket (only a couple of minor meltdowns = success) and you just want something easy and healthy to feed your tribe.
We hear you, it can be tough. But CalciYum is all about fuss-free, healthy, tasty eating with the most important ingredient of all: fun. And these novelty shaped pancakes with fruit and CalciYum Yoghurt topping are fun with a capital F.
Perfect for after-school snacks or as a fun weekend breakfast, this is one recipe to add to your repertoire.
- Novelty-shaped cookie cutters
- 1 pack of ready-made pikelets ( or use your own homemade recipe)
- Seasonal fruit (berries, stone fruit, bananas, mangoes)
- CalciYum 70g or 120g pouch
- Maple syrup or honey to serve (optional)
- Using the ready-made pikelets, cut shapes with the various shapes of cookie cutters.
- Wash and peel fruit (if needed), cutting larger fruits into slices or cubes. Mix the fruit in a large bowl.
- Place the pikelet shape on a plate. Put a large dollop of CalciYum Yoghurt in the middle of the pancake and top with fruit mixture.
- If using maple syrup or honey, drizzle lightly over the top.
- Tip: You can turn this into a warm winter breakfast by heating the pancake shapes in a pan, and stewing the fruit to serve on top.
- Find the CalciYum Yoghurt range in the yoghurt aisle at Woolworths, Coles and independent supermarkets throughout Australia.